Camellia (Japonica) Oil / White Flower Seed Extraction
Shelf Life 2 years
Note: If ordering this oil in a Glass Bottle we encourage you to choose Priority Mail as your shipping option when checking out. First Class is shipped in a bubble envelope and is not a safe option for the Glass Bottle.
What is the difference between the three Camellia Oils we carry?
Camellia Japonica is in between Camellia Oleifera and Camellia Sinensis.
Camellia Sinensis is the lightest, and Camellia Oleifera is heavier than the Camellia Japonica.
Though relatively, they are all light. We suggest sampling all three to see which one your skin likes best.
You can find the samples on our Oil Sampler page
Botanical Name: Camellia Japonica
Extraction Method: Cold pressed / Gently Refined
Color: Light Golden Non-Viscous Liquid
Derived From: The seeds
Contains: Triglycerides are the most stable and the least deteriorating lipid among the lipids secreted from the hair glands. Camellia oil works well and is mild on the skin because a major component of camellia oil is oleic acid triglycerides. It is known that camellia oil contains about 85% oleic acid triglycerides, which is the same as a person's natural sebum.
Base Oil: Can be used up to 100% strength
Shelf Life: 2 years
Camellia Japonica Oil ... Properties
- Effective moisturizing
- Penetrates skin fast
- Forms protective barrier to seal in moisture
- Restores moisture balance in dry skin
- Conditions the Skin After Shaving
- Protects Skin from Elements
- May help protect skin from Harmful UV Rays
- Reduces and Heals Scars
- Cools the Skin
- Maintains a Healthy pH
- Soothes skin irritations
- Forms protective barrier against sun damage
- Softens fine lines and wrinkles
- Promotes wound healing
- Penetrates Quickly
- Highly Moisturizing
- Light Herbal Aroma
- Virtually Colorless (Slight Yellow Hue)
- Rich in Fatty and Essential Fatty Acids including up to 85% Oleic Acid
- Rich in Tocopherols (Vitamin E)
- Rich in Polyphenols
- Natural Antioxidant
- Restores Moisture Balance to Dry Skin
- Improves Complexion
- Enhances Radiance
- Softens Wrinkles and Tiny Age Lines
(Does Not Contribute to Acne and is Suitable for Oily/Acne Prone Skin)
- Suitable for All Skin Types Including Allergy Prone Skin
- Promotes Hair Growth
- Conditions Scalp
Effect of Camellia japonica oil on human type I procollagen production and skin barrier function. Journal of Ethnopharmacology